My name is Morgan Roberts, I am a well-traveled, dog-obsessed, 26-year-old millennial and whisky connoisseur of sorts, who also defines herself as a media specialist. I have spent the last seven years obtaining a BSc in Communications, a MSc in Journalism, and traveling between the U.S. and the UK to gain as much international experience as possible. My work has led me from casting commercials in Boston, to running a tech-incubator community and social media in Glasgow, filming for BBC documentaries, researching and analyzing data for apps, and helping start-ups find their media voice in both countries (to name a few). So I can confidently say with my work experience, I excel as a journalist and media specialist. For the next two years, however, I will be exploring the culture of Vanuatu as I serve in the Peace Corps.
2010 - Present
- Peace Corps Primary English Trainer (Vanuatu)
Teaching Teachers how to teach!
- Marketing Consultant (USA, Present):
Advise companies, such as Easton Training Center and Fitness Chameleon, on social media techniques to best obtain target audience. Strong communication skills & creating a quick & successful turnaround.
- Tutor Consultant (USA, Present):
Create curriculum, Skype meetings walking clients through step-by-step, tutorials, editing & critique video. Self-driven company, requiring excellent time management skills.
- Community & Social Media Manager, RookieOven (UK, 2016): Organized, marketed and managed events with attendance up to 100 people of various ages, helped rebuild their voice, contributed with building the basis of RookieOven Academy and continue to run it.
- Producer, Scottish Election Debates (UK, 2016):
Managed live camera crew and made crucial decisions in a chaotic, challenging environment.
- Researcher & Data Editor, Refluxblue Ad Agency (UK, 2016): Created content for apps & perfected face-to-face research with the local community.
- Graduate Intern & Freelance PA, Conductor Productions (USA, 2015):
Interviewed actors (all ages), assisted with hiring new crew members, coached child actors, filmed and managed sets of up to 25 crew members.
- Production Assistant, Editor, & Graduate Intern, Heirloom Media Ltd. (UK, 2014): Promoted from various positions, starting with intern.Worked on documentaries focusing on: Youth in Scotland, netball, and technology advances for the disabled. Was responsible for scheduling shoots and creating a quick turnaround for large quantities of footage.
- Script Supervisor & Head of Art Department, Charlie & Poppy Short (USA, 2014): Designed, executed and managed a crew.Provided detailed notes of each take to be delivered to the editors and cared for child actors while on set.
- Production Assistant, Maverick Television (USA, 2012): Performed face-to-face research to find “bizarre” cases within the ER for the show Bizarre ER while maintaining a calm demeanor within the fast-paced ER environment during production.
2016 / NOV
University of Glasgow
MSc in Media, Communications, and International Journalism
2014 / MAY
Fitchburg State University
2013 / MAY
Regent's University of London
BSc Communications: Film
Minor in International Relations